Handing over the Admin position
This guide is only for the system administrator.
There comes a time when the admin must step down from his/her position and allow for a new person to take his/her place.
When handing over the position, the following things must be done
The new admin must get access to as well as a tour of the following:
- Digital Ocean (Must be set as an owner)
- Google Account (drive, mail etc.)
- Github (Must be set as an owner)
- Project moore (Must become an admin)
- The UTN facebook app at developers.facebook.com
The new admin must get ssh access to the servers aswell as an admin account on every server:
- The new admin must create a new ssh key which the old admin adds via ansible
- The old admin uses ssh to log in to the servers and creates a new account for the new admin, one server at the time.
usermod -aG sudo [username]
- Test if the new admin can ssh into the server and become root by using
The new admin must also setup ansible on his/her computer:
- Install ansible. Instructions can be found here. If the new admin uses windows, he/she can use
ubuntu for windows to install ansible.
- Follow the installation instructions for the UTN ansible repository
The new admin should also do the follwing things:
The admin should also be aware of the following things:
- Only those who should have access, shall have access
- There is a mail group called [email protected] that reaches out to all IT responsible people in UTN:s committees